Beginner 1 Training
This training is a continuing education certificate program. If, after first reviewing the Admission Standards, you would like to move forward in applying for Beginner 1, please complete the Application Form.
Beginner 2-Intermediate 3 Trainings
If you have attended a previous training here in Kelowna, your spot is guaranteed in the next level. If you do not wish to continue with the further trainings please send us an email to let us know.
If you did not complete the Intermediate 3 training in Kelowna and wish to attend our Advanced 1, please email the following information to email@example.com
1. Full Name
2. Phone Number
5. Where you took Intermediate 3
6. Date you completed Intermediate 3
7. Name of Faculty you took your training under
8. Do you have any abilities you need our support with?
What to Know Before You Apply
The Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training is a continuing education certificate program designed to enhance the skills of professionals working with traumatized or stressed individuals. To be considered for admission, applicants must be professionals with an active practice so that the techniques learned in the training can be immediately applied and developed throughout the course of the program. Exceptions may be granted to graduate students participating in an internship program. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis. Professionals who may qualify for the SE™ Professional Training program:
- Mental Health Professionals: psychologists, psychiatrists, psychoanalysts, psychotherapists, social workers, counsellors, marriage and family therapists, expressive arts therapists, etc.
- Medical and Alternative Medicine Professionals: medical doctors, nurses and nurse practitioners, occupational therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, emergency medical workers, surgeons, obstetricians, midwives, acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, etc.
- Bodyworkers: massage therapists, Rolfers®, Craniosacral and Polarity therapists, Feldenkrais practitioners, yoga therapists, etc.
- Others: coaches, first responders, crisis centre staff, educators, mediators, clergy, chaplains, etc.
This program is designed to train professionals in working more effectively with client trauma. It is not suitable for those solely seeking a personal-growth experience or for those who do not have an active professional practice. Acceptance into the SE™ Professional Training does not ensure that all SE™ methods will be appropriate for inclusion in your professional practice. Training participants are responsible for operating within their professional scope of practice and for abiding by provincial and federal laws.
By registering for the Beginning I module your place in the Beginning II module is secured.